Thursday 17 October 2019

First Week


So the first week is going good so far we are slowly being  introduced into our course. We found out the things we will be doing and also have received some information about the group work. I find the labs interesting. The tutorial videos and steps that are written out for us on the website re very useful and easy to follow. They are straight to the point and tell you what you have to do. 
We have discussed the missions we must do for this module and what has to be done for each one. There is a variety of different tasks for each mission and I like how we can choose it ourselves. This means that we can pick whatever interests us the most.  
I have read to all the projects that are available for mission one. I’m interested in Gaming, gifs and digital audio. They all look interesting and involved a lot of creativity which I like. The gaming looks fun to make and I would interest in exploring video games in detail. I play some video games myself which would be beneficial for the purpose of this project. I have ideas for many games and would be interested in making a small education game because one could learn something by playing a game. However, I think this would be very time consuming and I'm not sure whether I could get it done on time.  The game will take a lot of time to create and then the PowerPoint will also need some work. 
I have some interest in Digital Audio. Since the project would focus on everyday audio one could do the project on “Siri’ for example. This would be a guideline for the whole project. You could mess around with the sound and technology.    
Out of all of my interests I’m finding gifs the most appealing. I have gathered a lot of ideas already by just reading through the assignments on the website. There are a few proposals for how the project could be done. I personally think that this would be the most creative one out of them all and it would be the best for our first project. I haven’t thought much about the gifs before and I’m interested in learning about them. I would like to find out where they came from and what’s the actual purpose of them on social media. I have a few ideas for the gifs    

I like how I could use some of my own videos from the past to create a gif. This would make the process quicker and it would mean that I wouldn't be plagiarising. I could also use some of my drawing to create a gif. I was thinking that I could draw something and take photos of it step by step and then put them together to form a short video clip. This would be time consuming but it would be easier to make rather than looking through videos or movie scene in order to create a gif.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Last mission of semester 1

This mission took a lot of our time to do. The interviews were very time consuming and so was the editing. After some time thoug...